Thursday 20 March 2008

A Misty Morning

It's been a wonderful day - it still is although it'll soon be dark as the evenings draw in. But this morning was very autumnal. At 0520 when I woke briefly the kettle was clear and the remaining stars were peering out of a clear lightening sky. I went back to sleep. I should add that I don't have any curtains closed and you may recall that one side of my bedroom is completely double glazed and overlooks the orchards. By 0720 the kettle or whatever it was I had decided to call the bowl in which I live had completely filled with mist



which eventually dispersed as the sun came over the horizon giving way to another warm day with clear blue cloudless skies. Actually I suspect that grammatically saying it was cloudless after saying that it was clear blue may be unnecessary and I suspect that there is only one sky. But wotthehellarchiewotthehell.

1 comment:

  1. The sky is the upper atmosphere or expanse of space that constitutes an apparent great vault or arch over the earth

    According to the dictionary - inflected form plural - skies..

    So I had to look up what inflected meant..

    transitive verb
    1 : to turn from a direct line or course : curve
    2 : to vary (a word) by inflection : decline, conjugate
    3 : to change or vary the pitch of (as the voice)
    4 : to affect or alter noticeably : influence {an approach inflected by feminism}

    which in turn meant I looked up inflection.
    1: the act or result of curving or bending : bend
    2: change in pitch or loudness of the voice
    3 a: the change of form that words undergo to mark such distinctions as those of case, gender, number, tense, person, mood, or voice b: a form, suffix, or element involved in such variation c: accidence
    4 a: change in curvature of an arc or curve from concave to convex or conversely

    In total that told me b..... all and certainly didn't answer the question as to whether there is more than one sky!

    ReplyDelete