Friday 6 January 2012

A Spur of the Moment Visit

Yesterday evening around 8am I had just finished dinner and was contemplating this and that before popping up to The House to catch up on the day and then come down and pack for the 6 day tournament which I'm off to in a couple of hours (from now - lunchtime Friday) in Palmerston North.  As I was pulling my thoughts together Martin rang and said that R and L had just arrived with a bottle of wine for a chat and did I want to come up.  Of course I did.  It's always good to catch up with friends.

The evening was warm and absolutely perfect for wine with friends and the chat ranged far and wide as we sat on the deck: initially in the sun and finally under the stars when the sun retreated to go and play with someone else.  At around half past midnight I arrived back at The Cottage!  Then followed a call from a friend in Scotland and despite my intention of being in bed and asleep within a few minutes of the call ending I eventually switched off the light at 2am!

So I woke this morning with nothing packed and no thought given to my journey this afternoon.  Did I care?  Of course not.  Evenings just don't get much better than that.

2 comments:

  1. A visit as such will be remembered for a long long time. I love living in the moment! Just think you made memories...that can never be taken from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more, stff the packing and planning, enjoy the moment.

    SP

    ReplyDelete