Sunday 11 April 2010

The Season’s Last Tournament

Last year the Te Mata Croquet Club in Havelock North about 20 minutes drive from the Marewa Club of which I am a member held a tournament.  It was just before I was due to leave New Zealand for the winter and I decided I couldn’t play.  Tony Stephens – one of New Zealand’s top players for the last 50 years! – asked Zoe to partner him and they won.  This year he asked her to play again.  Her grandmother, Judy (who lives near Palmerston North, and whom I know through croquet and whom Jayne and Colleen and I stay with when we are at tournaments there) asked me if I’d partner her at the tournament.  It was a great tournament played over 2 days under wonderful sunny, cloud free skies.  Idyllic.  Tony and Zoe won again.  Judy and I came second.  What a wonderful end to the tournament season.

DSC07694 Zoe, Tony (who also managed the tournament) and the sponsor.

DSC07693 (standing) Judy and me

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Good News! So glad for you - and for Zoe! Congratulations!!! ♥ ♪♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you can go back to Scotland with a happy heart! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Glad you will be going home happy with your game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all. Yes. It is good to be playing well again.

    ReplyDelete