Monday 14 November 2011

At The Cottage

In truth I've so little to post about that even I, never mind you dear reader, would find interesting.  So I'm struggling.  However I've emptied the camera of the few pictures I've taken over the last day or two when not even a wisp of sunlight has made its way through the clouds here on the East coast of sunny Hawkes Bay - possibly the least sunny part of North Island at the moment.  So here's something to be getting on with.

It was warm enough to have the lid of The Handbag - for those of you who haven't been introduced
Catriona and Comet after Friday Dinner - a typical pose many of you will have seen before
And again

5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine life without a cat in it somewhere.

    Lovely photographs.

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last photo! (Being allergic to cats fortunately does not extend to pictures of them.) (Spiders is a different story!)

    Never mind if you think we've seen your views before. So have you and you still appreciate them, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My old cat used to be like that. I had raised her from when she was 12 weeks old, and so I was 2her" human and she slept on or around me whenever possible. When she was little, she would lay on my neck and shoulders and I could carry her like that while doing my home work (I still went to school back then) or chores around the house. When she grew too big for the limited space my neck and shoulders offered, she started to sleep on my chest or curled up in the crook of my arm when I was in bed. She even went so far as to actively suggest I go to bed with her now, when she wanted to sleep but I was still up.
    The cat I have now is different in that she was not raised by humans but grew up on the streets, and although she does like to rest on my lap, she and I are not quite as close as I was with Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see Catriona in familiar pose. Looks like she has grown!

    ReplyDelete