Thursday 23 December 2010

Thankful Thursday

I've had a week of feeling a bit someting or other than my usual self  Don't know why.  I don't have any sort of a reason.  But there we are.  Life's like that.  Anyway today I am feeling particularly thankful because the feeling has lifted and life's been pretty good.  I decided to go and play Golf Croquet this morning and couldn't do anything wrong.  There is something very satisfying about doing something you love and doing it well.  This seemed to set the trend for the rest of the day.  

Whilst we were in the middle of a game a Cinnabar Moth decided to befriend me.  I don't recall seeing one before but I'd never bank on it.  It was however an exciting experience.  I don't carry the camera with me on the lawn (now there's a surprise) and my cellphone camera didn't manage to catch it.  Shame.  

So tonight I'm thankful for very insignificant things which are, nevertheless, of great importance to me:  playing well and being excited by seeing a moth.

4 comments:

  1. Had to look up that moth, I'd never heard of it. Wow, with that red it could be a Christmas decoration. Now there's a thought: A summer tree decorated with colourful butterflies, and maybe some croquet balls. That might be your kind of Christmas tree..! I doubt I'll be able to find one ready-made on the internet for you, though, so you'll have to try and use your "inner eye" to see it ;) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saying nowt........only a couple of days to go and we can all grump away to our hearts content. Have a good Christmas. Or considering you were deprived of all but your mobile.
    Hv a gd xms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. It's amazing what one CAN find on the internet though, if one gets it into one's head to try...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to look up that moth, too. Am sure I've never seen one like it. Seeing as you don't believe in Santa, maybe that was your moment of magic for Christmas. Me, I'll wait for the reindeer! (Santa has advised he's worried about crashing into the tower so is coming is from the other direction, so I know where to look!)

    ReplyDelete