Monday 9 March 2009

Home Again

I'm home. We finished on the lawns at 1730 last night (Sunday) and drove straight home. I was home by 2045 just after the light had faded from the sky and darkness reigned before the full effect of the brilliant moon took over from the sun. After unloading all my gear

(This is what I took away: the wine had been consumed but there were bags of odds things bought whilst we were away.)

from Lucy into The Cottage I popped up to see Wendy and Martin in The House. We caught up with each others' news. They had had a very busy weekend so, at 2200 Martin was just popping into Town to get some essentials for the family (including cat and puppy). I popped in with him to catch up on more news and get the fridge essentials until I do a proper shop today. So it was 2300 before I finally got around to re-occupying my living space. Whilst doing some emails I had some of my favourite blue cheese and a glass of red and then it was time for bed.

It's now 0900 Monday and the first (of three) loads of washing is on the line blowing in the beautiful Hawkes Bay breeze in a non-humid (it was so humid in Wanganui and Palmerston this time) 22 degrees. I am about to make some phone calls and then some cornflake crunch and restore order unto my living space.

All this with the ranch sliders wide open and Sarasate to bring even more cheer to the world.

Life is good.

2 comments: