Tuesday 3 March 2009

Croquet at The Nationals

Well it's been a day and a half. I think that I enjoyed it. We had three games left from the first round which determined the rankings for the remainder of the tournament. I won all three. What was unusual was that two of the three are from the top echelons of the sport and being beaten by an outsider caused an upset and I managed to make the final 16! Needless to say playing best of threes in the top 16 means that I will be eliminated from the final 8 but, hey, I made it this far and it's been fun. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Well it's been fun up to a point. The Big Boys are a law unto themselves and there is an exclusive arrogance which pervades their ranks. They have not up until now arrived at The Nationals in such numbers. I am not ever likely to be part of the world scene and have no interest in the politics of world croquet. But it's been an interesting experience. One I don't think I'll be repeating.

3 comments:

  1. Well done! Good luck in beating even more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done so far. Sounds like croquet is a little like bowling, politically I mean. For me it would be like you, just enjoying the game. Enjoy the rest of your stay. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! You never know what will happen...

    Enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete