Sunday 25 November 2007

Saturday: A Very Good Day

I played my first Singles Croquet Tournament (The Dorothea Sweetapple Tournament) match of the season at the Club this morning. I won the match 7:2, 7:4. It felt better because my opponent played well. Getting into the second round is a pleasing feeling.

I played a further four games (one double and three singles) and won them all.

For someone who has never had a competitive spirit so far as games was concerned (even in my fencing days) I have discovered a real desire to win at Croquet. My problem is that I don't like other people losing! How contradictory is that?

By this time it was 1300 hrs and I popped into Town to send my emails. There is something very comforing about walking in and everyone being so pleasant and just asking if you want 'your usual?'

Back to Croquet where there was an Open Day for people interested in learning or playing. Two families turned up and Jayne and I took them for a few games. It will be interesting to see if any of them come back.

I then had some tuition in Association Croquet. By which time it was welll after 1600 and I had been in the open since 0845. Despite being slathered with sun cream and the hazy sun my legs and forearms burned. Reminder to me: put more cream on at lunchtime! I'm fairly sure that it's the first time I've ever been burned out here. Hopefully it will be the last.

I arrived home to find everyone working industriously in the garden planting etc.

All in all a very Good Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment