Saturday 27 October 2007

Two more sleeps

One of the things about looking after children is that one gets used to measuring time in sleeps rather than days. So I have two more sleeps until I leave my Hebridean home for Glasgow and then all points South. I decided that I would leave here on Monday even though my flight doesn't leave Glasgow until Tuesday. But Tuesday might start off like yesterday morning. It is, after all, the season of high tides and strong winds. The road into town across the isthmus from the Point peninsula on which I live was closed yesterday early on because the winds were storm force and the tide was high. Had that been Tuesday then even if the plane had been able to land I would not have been able to get to it. That would rather have mucked things up. That is one of the joys of Island life.


My luggage is packed but I now have to sort out the house and empty the freezer and well, there's quite a lot but it's all fairly boring stuff. So this may well be my last posting until I arrive in Napier and sort myself out.


The carpets have been laid and the services are connected up. My bed arrives on Monday! Isn't life exciting?


No comments:

Post a Comment