Tuesday 3 December 2013

I'm Back! So is Jamie.

Not that I've been physically absent from my home; just from Blogland (apart from the occasional visit).  All this living the 'real' life can be very frustrating.  I keep wondering what my Blogland friends are up to and what I am missing.  Of course croquet is to blame.  There was a national tournament taking place at the two local clubs (the one I play at and Te Mata in Havelock North - and, no, there isn't a Havelock South or East or West for that matter although there is an unadorned Havelock down in South Island).  I also had a croquet friend staying which took care of the evenings.  By the time we'd gone over the day's play, eaten and so on it was time for bed and a 6am start for another 9 hours on the lawns (and, in my case over an hours travelling time too).  All in all it was 7 full days and yesterday was housework and catching up.  Today was child taxiing and more housework.  

Well that's me up to date.  Wasn't that exciting?  How did I play?  Don't ask!

On Sunday, though life was quite exciting.  I was on the lawn playing my last (and exciting) game before 8am because at midday I had to collect Jamie (The Family's number one son) who was, unbeknown to them returning from his gap year in Europe and working and learning Chinese in China.  In fact for the two days prior to leaving China Jamie had only had Chinese speaking friends and colleagues to talk to.  The return was to be a surprise for The Family.  Which is exactly what it turned out to be.  For Jamie the sudden return to a relatively unpopulated, quiet, organised sort country which spoke English was quite an experience too.

Air New Zealand's ATR 72-212A on the Auckland Napier flight touches down in Napier

First foot on Napier soil
Recognition
Home : "You're not due for another two weeks?!"

18 comments:

  1. Homecoming is always wonderful! Love seeing your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I do appreciate your visits.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian. Hopefully if it rains on Thursday and Friday as forecast I'll actually manage to catch up some more.

      Delete
  3. Your reasons for not coming to blogland as often as usual are the best ones, Graham: having people stay over, and doing things you enjoy, such as playing croquet. Good to know Jamie came home safe & sound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's the stuff that life is made of Carol.

      Delete
  5. Lovely. Wondered where you were and what you were up to.
    A question: What day is exactly one month after Christmas day?
    Answer: AFTERMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking 'bout you today and re-reading a letter from AS. I'll be in touch very soon.

      Delete
  6. Good capture of the "homecoming" :)
    Missed you in Blogland but not too hard to guess what kind of activities might be keeping you busy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. I've been a bit slow with a lot of things over the last week. As they used to write on school reports 'must try harder'.

      Delete
  7. Ooooh how exciting, Jamie is back....has a year gone by already? Seems as if he just left yesterday. I love homecoming surprises like that.
    Glad you're back home too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a year to the day that he left Virginia. Next he'll be off to a new adventure: Uni.

      Delete
  8. Life does tend to get in the way a bit, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the "returning traveller" - such a nice idea, and one which has been part of the human psyche forever, I would guess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Playing in a croquet tournament and then celebrating the return of Jamie, no wonder you've been away from blogland.

    ReplyDelete