Tuesday 12 February 2013

If.....

you are one of those of my friends who is wondering why I have not responded to an email, sent an email I would usually have sent, phoned you (sorry Mo!), commented on your blog recently, acknowledged a Facebook comment or responded timeously to Words With Friends then this post is aimed at you.  It is also aimed at the few who have wondered why my posts have been a bit erratic recently.

The answer, my friends, is blowin' in the wind.  Sorry, Bob, as a teenager of the sixties, I know that your words were not flippant as mine are but, hey, they just came out.

I've had a very full life recently and it's even more full at the moment and the coming weekend I shall be away.  All good stuff and I'm not - absolutely not - complaining but it seems to leave few moments for sitting and communicating with those not immediately in front of me.  I was settling at the computer down late this afternoon to write when Martin's brother over from Scotland popped in.  Six hours later having rustled up a family meal everyone left after a great evening.

All this has been compounded by the erratic nature of my internet connection at the moment.  It seems not to be available at the times I am available. I'm just hoping that when I've written this I will be able to post it on Blogger. 

In the meantime please bear with me.

14 comments:

  1. Good to hear real life has interrupted play life. Too easy to swap them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my life seems to be a sort of play life Fiona. My Blogland friends and many other with whom I correspond are just as real - indeed many are people I've known all my or their lives

      Delete
  2. Real life has to better blogger everytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of my divided life Adrian many of my friends are people I see in person some of the time and communicate with in other ways the rest of the time. I love my Blogland friends many of whom I know in person anyway.

      Delete
  3. Lovely that you have so many nice things in your life. Blogging is like chatting, wonderful fun to do but sometimes there are other things..... it's lovely to read how you enjoy your perpetual summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. My Blogland is, unlike yours, very small and I know many in Realland as well. Because of my lifestyle I have to keep in touch with many of my friends and family other than face-to-face for a great deal of the time.

      Delete
  4. Awww, you already know we'll wait for you to post regularly again....have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia. Than is a very comforting thought.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, I'm sure all of us are thrilled by the fact that your life is so full of, well, life, that you are too busy to blog! We should all be so lucky!
    I, for one, am wishing you many more days like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect, Lisa, that I miss blogging more than my Blogland friends miss me blogging!

      Delete
  6. Can we all come and stay? It is soooooo cold and horrible here! Then you wouldn't have to blog at all.

    ReplyDelete