Wednesday 21 March 2012

Wibbeling Wednesday

Seeing as I shall have to be happy tomorrow for Thankful Thursday I have decided to be miserable today and have a good wibble.  Why do I feel the need to wibble?  Not sure.  It's a combination of things.  

It's still raining and it's cold.  That's 47 hours of constant, mostly heavy to very heavy, rain.

A lot of irritating things happened yesterday but I can only recall one of them.  This demonstrates that either a) I don't sweat the small stuff and that they were all small stuff or b) I have an appalling memory or c) that both of those things are true.

The thing I can still recall is that Air New Zealand with whom I always travel between here and the UK without even considering the fares of alternative carriers, has upset me by letting me down.  Whether the (long and boring saga I will omit) situation can be resolved before I leave here on the 1 May remains to be seen.  My upsettance is partly the irritation of what's happened but it's also the feeling of being let down by a trusted friend whom I have supported unconditionally.

In my nightmare last night I was in a very unpleasant war situation with atrocities happening around me.  I can't recall any details just that it left me feeling drained when I woke.  A friend asked me this morning (by coincidence) if I ever had pleasant dreams.  Unfortunately the answer is, so far as I can recall, in the negative.  They are all varying degrees of unpleasantness.

Oh.  Yes.  I knew there was something else.  I've got face-ache.

But, hey, wotthehellarchiewotthehell, it's time for a coffee, two squares of mint chocolate and a crossword.  Life's ok and it's Thankful Thursday tomorrow.






18 comments:

  1. Aw, that's no good. I do hope you sort your flight out soon.
    Your dreams - they sound awful Geeb. I had no idea how persistent this problem was... Maybe you should get yourself a compactavan.
    As for the face-ache...a cold coming? Toothache? I spent 1300 last year on a crown and I think the tooth underneath is on its way out already, dammit. At least I can bite on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That was a super couple of peaceful nights. I wonder why. Contentment? But then I'm usually content (so far as my conscious self is concerned. No idea what the faceache was about. it's almost gone this evening. I'm hoping.....

      Delete
  2. For some of us it's still Tuesday. Hopefully that won't mean a bad Wednesday for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Non stop rain is enough to make anyone feel bad all by itself. I hope that the problems with ANZ get sorted soon and the faceache disappears with an aspirin and a stiff drink.
    That's really tough never having good dreams. I would miss my flights of fancy, although I have to say I don't dream as much now as I used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given that I read your comment before breakfast I passed on the stiff drink! Actually I passed on the aspirin too because I didn't want to mask it in case it was a tooth problem. It's much better this evening so hopefully it will have gone in the morning. Perhaps if I have a wee brandy before bed.....

      Delete
  4. Faceache is usually caused by too much smiling. Not so then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DAYS of rain is tough. Especially if you're a traveler to good weather spots, ie, summer year round.
    I have also been having bizarre dreams for a while now. Must be something that we need to work out in our lives. Ya think?
    Ah, tomorrow, Thankful Thursday. That kind of changes everything, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa after 48 1/2 hours it stopped.....for about 5 hours and then it started all over again.

      Delete
  6. Nightmares huh?? That MUST mean your awake life is joyful. Awesomeness GB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz you are right. I have nothing about which to complain. Good to see you here.

      Delete
  7. It's non stop rain wot does it. Just getting you acclimatised for your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Adrian. It did stop - after 48 1/2 hours - for 5 hours.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about the unpleasant-to-horrible dreams. It is very rare that I get anything but funny, comical, lovely, puzzling or romantic-to-erotic dreams.
    I wrote about dreams on my blog some time ago, here:
    http://librarianwithsecrets.blogspot.de/2010/10/push-button.html
    and about the delicious state between dreaming and waking here:
    http://librarianwithsecrets.blogspot.de/2009/10/drifting.html

    As for the rain, I do hope better weather is in store for you soon. You know it must stop at some stage, and every hour that passes, is one hour nearer to that point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've visited the sites Meike and left comments. Thanks. So long as it stops before the Tournament on Saturday. Please, please, please.

      Delete
  9. I wasn't sure I'd ever heard the word 'wibble' before so I googled it. Found 38 definitions of it in the Urban Dictionary. Here are a few favourites:

    22. Wibble can mean anything from a hammer to a ham and musterd buttie. ("we used the word wibble to mean anything.My mate could be about to cut a length of timber he might say pass the wibble and I would pass him the saw.I might be about to fit a door and would say pass the wibble and he would give me the plane.We had worked together for so long we instinctivly knew what wibble was needed")

    15.2 The www in a URL of a website.

    34. a normal person who has an odd walk

    38. a small fluffy orange orangutan

    36. A combination of a hug and a cuddle.

    A "No 36" to you and hope the travel details somehow get sorted out to your satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wibble Monica. Much appreciated. Of all the people though who would do the research and find the meaning it would be you or CJ. If CJ does he'll see that you have beaten him to it.

      Actually I'd never heard of the word. I just thought I'd made it up to go with 'Wednesday'. It just shows you that there's nothing original in this world. It's like my headings in emails. I just make them up.

      Delete
    2. Well, I reckon I deserved a "hit" after all the wild goose chases in the past. ;) Still 30+ meanings left for CJ to explore, should he be in the mood!

      Delete