Sunday 20 November 2011

All Gone!

Gaz and Carol have gone on their way.  Wellington next stop and then to South Island.  It seemed such a fleeting visit and yet now The Cottage seems empty and strangely lonely.  I've never felt quite like this before.  But, hey, we've done lots, seen lots, eaten lots and drunk some excellent wines.  It's been quality time.   The two halves of my life have been fleetingly joined and now when I talk to Gaz and Carol about this life they know where I'm talking about. 




7 comments:

  1. I can feel the emotion in the second picture, Graham. So beautiful there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbyes are always hard. Living far apart means they are inevitable. I feel hollow inside when I think of them ! Age has helped me cope better than my first time at boarding school:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never easy to see them go, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet they had a super and memorable time enjoying your always brilliant hospitality and company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this was the first time Gaz visited you in NZ? I can easily imagine wanting to cram "everything" into those few days, and an empty kind of feeling after they've gone. But they now know your NZ life all the better after having seen things with their own eyes. I agree with Heather, there really is emotion tied up in that second picture with the car leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... and again I forgot to tick that little follow-up box ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gaz had been to NZ a few times some years ago but he'd always been on duty and couldn't recall much about the places the ship had been.

    This was therefore effectively Gaz's first visit. It was Carol's first visit too.

    As I type this they are making their way across the Cook Straight in a gale! Welcome to New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete