Saturday 4 December 2010

A Successful Day

Well it's a funny old life.  Here we are in Whakatane.  Last year the rain poured down and the lawns had to be squeegeed.  Today the sun shone.  Today I - or we in the 'top' group of players - played six of the best games we have ever played in a single session.  I can truthfully say that even if I had lost all six matches they would have been 'good' losses.  Almost all the matches we played ran to 7-6 or 7-5 (or 6-7, 5-7 depending on whether you were a winner or a loser).  As it happens I was fortunate enough to be a winner in 5 out of the 6 games I played.  The result was that I won the top group of the tournament.   So this evening I am a happy bunny.


14 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! How fun for you! Sounds like a good day for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well done, you! Are you making a victory speech?

    ReplyDelete
  3. On top form then.....If you play handicap events remember to chuck a couple of games prior to it. Else you will be using a smaller hammer...Mallet I believe it's called.
    Well done, it should be an Olympic sport......not the visual appeal of Beach Volleyball but at least I could watch someone I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful set of games to win - each hard fought and well played. You have every reason to be a super happy bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So a truly Glad Game then ;) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Happy Bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ;^) ;^) ;^)
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ;^) ;^) ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I suppose you might be pleased with yourself then? Well done, Old Thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. Looking like a good season so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh. Thanks so much everyone. It's amazing how uplifted one can get when something one enjoys doing turns out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats to you.... Well done....xx

    ReplyDelete