Tuesday 7 December 2010

Moving House

I've blogged before about moving house.  When we were coming home yesterday we came across a house being moved during the day.  They are usually moved in the early morning when traffic is at its least.  However out on the main highway in the ranges the move presumably is made during the day because it would simple be too dangerous at night. 





PS Please note the shorts being worn by the hardy roadman in the last photo.  Perhaps my dark raspberry shorts which I've been forbidden to wear are not so bad after all.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, but, there is a time and a place for everything. We have -3c here at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear the raspberry shorts! I'm surprised you have allowed yourself to be so sartorially influenced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's quite an impressive sight! (Not talking about the shorts, but the moving house!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking, if that was my house I'd be a nervous wreck. But then I thought, I do that all the time in the mh and I'm rarely nervous at all. :)
    Go with the raspberry shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waa, that is great! really interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a house on the move for yonks. But then I'm rarely out and about when they are.

    There were two young 'built' men at work today moving the records for storage. Short shorts and great legs. Then one came in and asked could he leave his trolley in my office as they had packed the van, managed to get everything in, but had forgotten to leave room for the trolley. There is a point to this but I can't express it without sounding nasty!

    ReplyDelete