Friday 17 December 2010

A Brief Update

I'm writing this at 0910 on Friday morning.  It's now rained solidly for about 16 hours and there's no let-up in sight.  And it's 'proper' rain.  If I were in the UK I'd have the central heating on.  As it is here one just puts more clothes on again.  The forecast is for more of the same for the next few days.   I hope that Northland is getting some too - the farmers there desperately need it.   Here in Hawkes Bay, however, I may have to supplement my solar water heater on the roof by using the electric heater.  I think I only had to do that 3 times in the whole of my last stay here and I haven't used it at all yet this stay. 

Today is crunch day for me.  I have to finish my Christmas 'card', make phone calls to friends in the UK and elsewhere who may be away for Christmas,  and sort out many of the other things which Christmas thrusts upon us.  Hopefully I'll manage some time in Blogland too.

Then the family are coming for dinner.  That'll be fun.  I love it but I'm glad that I don't have to think up the food for 7 every night.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your wet weather won't be too long-lasting. When you look out at it, just try to imagine what it would be like if it was snow that fell... ;) (as it is here)

    ReplyDelete