Thursday 1 April 2010

Success Is Sweeter Than Failure

Important: This post carries a self-indulgency warning! 

Well I can’t deny that I’ve had a Good Day.  I have mentioned previously that I wanted to win the Sweetapple Trophy for a third consecutive year.  The Trophy is, ostensibly, for the ‘best’ Golf Croquet player in the Club.  By that I mean it’s an open competition and played without handicaps.  In theory, therefore, the best player will win.  Of course life isn’t like that but looking at the list of past holders of the trophy it would seem to have a certain validity.  For the previous two seasons I have had the lowest handicap in the Club.  That is no longer the case and I’ve had a relatively bad season as regular readers of this blog will know.  But I’m playing well at the moment.  And I’ve won again.  And I’ve achieved my ambition. 

Now I want Zoe to improve and have a really good season and take the trophy next year.  Then I’ll be really happy.

6 comments:

  1. Well done. I'm pleased you've achieved your ambition. Good luck to Zoe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! Congratulations! I'm sure that was very satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well done! I'm sure it was not only satisfying, but well deserved! A Big Bunch of Congrats to you!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done Graham. Congratulations, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I think it's given me a new lease of croquet life.

    ReplyDelete