Sunday 6 April 2008

A Privileged Life

It has been a beautiful day. This morning I decided to pay another visit to the flea market on the Marine Parade and have a bike ride and generally soak up the warmth and remind myself how privileged I am to be able to be here before going to the airport at noon to see the Newbery family off back to Scotland.

I never did have the bike ride and I never went to the airport. I'd been in Napier at about 0900 and, having taken lots of photos and had a lovely walk looking at things in the town that I usually don't notice, I decided to have a coffee at about 1040. I was just settling into the coffee and a crossword when, much to the amusement of my fellow street café sitters, a gaggle of children's voices called out from across Emerson Street 'Hi Graham. The Oldies are all along the road'. It was quite warming actually - it made me feel that I belonged. So I finished my coffee and joined the 'oldies' ie those above 30, who were having coffee in the sun prior to going to the airport. Having said my goodbyes after coffee I came home. I have spent the remainder of the afternoon quietly in the warmth of the sun on the deck and mooching around the Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment